Wednesday 30 January 2013

Let the cutting begin...

Don't you just like trying out new gadgets?  The Lil' Twister Tool might not be new to many of you, but I got mine only recently and thought of trying it out today.  I decided to try something small to get the feel of it and not attempt to make something fancy or an intricate design yet.  If its a complete failure, I would not mess up too much fabric, or waste too much time...
I used a Lost and Found charm pack from Riley Blake, since it only has 21, 5 inch pieces I thought it would be perfect.  So I got all my pieces sewn together ready to start cutting.



I got some good practice rotary cutting with my left hand, a bit tricky in the beginning but I soon got the hang of it.  This will really be a small quilt, nice to use as a wall hanging maybe...




1st row cut, placed in order
By the way, after my post showing off my sewing room, I decided it was high time that I get a  better camera and stop talking about getting one... so I placed the order yesterday, should be here tomorrow.. cant wait!!  Be warned, picture overload may occur.

Here is something I saw on Facebook the other day, admittedly I laughed and thought it was soooo funny, ........ real or hoax?


I am linking up to WIP Wednesdays @ Freshly Pieced.

Happy quilting


4 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

Nice twisted pinwheels, Marelize. And looking forward to your picture overload. We all love pics!

Valerie said...

Love those little pinwheels!

barbara woods said...

i like you news paper clipping and love the way you are adding pinwheels

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of the Twister but have found it to be a bit frustrating. To begin with, my sister-in-law and I both got Twisters and made did a small project. We used the same size Twister and blocks that were 5"sq. and borders @ 3". Sounds good so far, right...Wrong. Her pinwheels are smaller than mine and all the same size. Mine, on the other hand, has larger pinwheels except at the ends where the pinwheels are smaller. Neither of us can figure out why this happened. I even made a second one and it's a bit different than the first one I made. They don't look bad or wrong, and the toppers can/will be used. I'd just like one to turn out the way I think it's supposed to.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...