Wednesday 10 July 2013

Swirls, what's not to love?

I have been sitting pondering for days what free motion quilting designs to use.  I guess after I had hurt my writs a few weekends ago it gave me more than enough time to think about it (its much better by the way), but as I had the quilt set up inside the throat of my sewing machine, I still had no idea, so I just went with what felt right.  


I love swirls, the texture and flow is just beautiful, I think together with the stippling I used and the circles inside the sashing its a great combination.


There is not much to say about the quilting, so I thought of sharing a few pictures.  They are after all worth a 1000 words, so I will let them speak for themselves, :-)  
























The following pictures were taken from a completely different angle, and I think the light falling from behind really shows off the texture...



Now all that is left to quilt is the white borders and the outside pieced borders.  I am thinking feathers... If you'd like to read up previous posts on this baby quilt click HERE.

Happy quilting.

24 comments:

Lisa said...

The swirls are absolutely lovely. It's nice to just goes with what feels right, isn't it. I definitely think that's what ends up suiting the quilt best!

Serena @ Sewgiving said...

The soft colours of this quilt is gorgeous and definitely suits the swirls :)

Sarah @ mila+cuatro said...

I love the texture you've achieved with the quilting.

Gina said...

so pretty!! I love the swirls and think they go perfectly with the quilt. Glad your wrists are better!!

Catrin Lewis said...

Beautiful as ever!

MalinisQuilts said...

This is looking fabulous! Love the swirls!

Lorna McMahon said...

The swirls are a great addition! Glad to hear you are having fun quilting again and that your wrist is much better, too! Those photos are beautiful. I don't think you could ever have too many of them!

Lorna:)
http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

Ava said...

Your quilting is just awesome. Wow!

Anonymous said...

Amazing work! The quilting really jazzes up the lovely, subdued colors. Thank you for such great inspiration!

a maidenhair fern said...

Very nice quilting, I especially like the quilting in the sashing.

Sandy said...

It is lovely!! It just keeps getting better and better as you are finishing up!! Love the swirls!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Your quilting is stunning!! I hope to do that type of work one day...just learn machine quilting.

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

It just keeps getting better and better! I love it!

Paula said...

New follower here; came over via a link at My Quilt Infatuation.

Beautiful, beautiful quilting!

Jackie said...

Beautiful quilt and quilting. The textures are fantastic.

Vicki said...

It is absolutely gorgeous! And to think that it was quilted on your home machine....amazing!!

Anonymous said...

FMQ envy over here!
I love your work!!!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

Marelize- the effect of all of the different types of quilting together is just gorgeous! I love it!

Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

gorgeous as always :)

Sara said...

It really is hard sometimes thinking of a design to use in a quilt! You are doing a great job at this and I bet you're really enjoying yourself!

laura west kong said...

Beautiful job! A swirl design is always a great choice!

Lynette said...

Oh my goodness! This is so pretty. Your swirls are just gorgeous. I need to get comfortable with those. Hey, when you did the triple circles in the sashing, did you make any marks? They look fabulous.

Sarah Craig said...

Marelize, your quilting is beautiful! It really makes the quilt something special. Whoop whoop for you!!

Fun, Factual, Weird, and Breathtaking said...

You are the queen of free motion quilting!!! This is gorgeous!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...