Thursday 29 March 2012

My sewing room is calling!

I did not get ANY time for any sewing these past few days.  Kayleigh - my 11 month old baby girl had a bit of a cold, and today I had to take my husband to the hospital in the City.  He plays rugby for the local club, and with practice the other day he hurt his wrist.  So now he has to go for an operation....  


But luckily there is an upside to it all.  I went for some retail therapy and bought some beautiful fabric while we where there.  As my previous quilts where mainly 'pink' I could not resist and got some variety.



So far, I find it very difficult to know and decide which colours and prints really goes well together, but I'm sure with time, practice and some good examples it will go easier...



I also got this Sampler Quilt Book - by Lynne Edwards, and by looking at the cover you can see all the lovely quilt blocks that are shown how to make step by step...
  

I really hope that in the next few days things will go back to normal in my house, so that I can get back to quilting.  I have so much to catch up with... ♥

2 comments:

mwhite said...

What a cool book! That should inspire you. Love your fabric choices too. Happy quilting.

Lorna McMahon said...

Hi Marelize, Just to let you know... Your pics are not showing up. Being a fabric junkie, I would love to see your FABRIC purchases!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...