I wanted to try and make a tote bag, but I wanted to quilt it. I searched the internet for examples and found this tutorial from Leslie Unfinished.
It was surprisingly very easy, and I would definitely do it again. I quilted it using FMQ, I tried to blend in with the flower print and did a wiggly-loopy pattern connecting them with small petal flowers. This picture does not show it as clearly as I had hoped, but it gives you an idea of what I had done.
It proved to be very difficult using cotton, polly-cotton and polyester all together to make a quilt. Although I like this quilt, I believe it would have look great had I used the right fabric for it. My blocks did not line up the way they should have, so I forced it to go the way I wanted.
The result is not so bad, and for my 1st try I am very proud...
As for the tote bag, I am happy with the fabric and it actually worked great. I'm glad I got to use the it, and I like the result.