Monday 17 December 2012

Double Slice Quilt Top

We all know things can get a bit hectic this time of year, and to make time for sewing and quilting is almost impossible.  But over the weekend I suddenly had a burst of energy and thought of nothing except piecing this double slice quilt top.  And that's exactly what I did.

The pattern calls for a layer cake, but I used a 32pc fat quarter bundle that allowed me to make this quilt larger and I still have bit of fabric left.  I made 49 blocks in total that allowed me to put 7 blocks across and 7 blocks down, so this quilt be a completely square instead of a rectangle shape.  

I have not measured it yet, I'm thinking of adding another strip of white fabric all around to accentuate the scrappy border I've already added.




I cant wait to start quilting, although I have no idea what design to quilt yet...

Happy quilting

8 comments:

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Love how this quilt turned out! I'm impressed you got it done so fast during holiday season! Wish I could say I finished something!

Marelize Ries said...

Thanks Rosemary, it will be some time before it will be done though...

Grey said...

Wow, that was a burst of energy. I am impressed and wish I knew how to quilt. I am enjoying your blog because I find it so interesting.

Marelize Ries said...

Thank you Grey, I love every minute of it, ...its easy to learn :-)

MalinisQuilts said...

Beautiful quilt. This is my favorite pattern of all time from MissouriQuiltCo.com.
Your fabric lines is great too.

Another white border would look awesome. Recently I have also had surge of energy just of piecing :-).

Marelize Ries said...

Thanks Malini, I too love this pattern, all their tutorials are fun to watch and so simple, makes piecing lots of fun..

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

Marelize Ries said...

Thanks :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...