Sunday 24 February 2013

UFO Sunday - Sad goodbyes

As most of you know I had a pretty exciting month.  My dad had his 70th birthday, and as a surprise my sister and her family came over from the UK to celebrate with all of us.

So I thought of sharing two photos of all of us, my Mom and Dad, kids and grand-kids... It was so special!!  Clearly Kayleigh did not like the idea of having these pictures taken, she could not leave my side, and when it was time to take the photo with all the grandchildren I had to hold her up to not have a crying child in the photo, LOL




Unfortunately all good things must come to an end, so we had to say goodbye on Friday when they left for the UK again, I sure hope that this time it will not take 9 years till all of us will be together like this again.................................

Anyway..... back to my sewing room...

Is it just me, or do you also find it hard having to choose fabrics for your quilts?

I went shopping yesterday specifically for backing fabric for my Sugar BOM and Lucky Stars BOM.  Which should not be that hard, since its for the back right?  But I stood in the shop for nearly an hour, looking at so many different prints.

I finally decided that I will quilt my BOM's using the QAYG (quilt as you go) method.  I've never done it before, so it will be a first for me.

Sugar BOM Backing

For my Sugar Block Club BOM I'm using white background fabric together with bright colours.  So I got this fabric for the backing.  I think it will compliment the blocks really well.  I realize that we've only done up to February, but knowing that all the colours I plan on using in the blocks will also show up in the backing so it should work really well together.

Lucky Stars BOM Backing

Now since my background fabric for my Lucky Stars BOM is black and dark grey, I went with this fabric.  The print is quite large so I hope when it comes to piecing them together it would not be an issue.

Unfortunately I could not get decent thread for my Goddess Quilt. I've only done McTavishing in the some of the rays and I still have so many to do, and I really want to do them in colour too, so catching up will take a few weeks.  

I guess I'll be on the road again on Monday... or maybe Wednesday.


I have some exciting news to share tomorrow, so be sure to come back then!

I'm linking up to UFO Sunday with Leah Day @ The Free Motion Quilting Project.

Happy quilting.


  

1 comment:

Danih03 said...

What fun to have all of your family together! When I go shopping for fabric, I usually end up with something that has nothing to do with my project:O

I have better luck on line. Waiting for it to come sucks! There is always the worry it won't work(colorwise) But getting it in the mail is fun! I'm like a kid checking the mailbox every day:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...