I was honestly surprised at how easy this block came together. I liked the fabrics of the block on the pattern so much that I tried to match my own fabrics to the colours as closely as I could, except for the background fabric, mine is all black.
So with all my pieces cut I jumped right in. My biggest concern was matching the seams since there is no real guide. So when it came to piecing the blocks together, I matched the ¼ inch line which should in at the edge of the block, marked on the paper (left picture) and hoped that it will be a good enough guide. To make sure it worked I changed the stitch length to three and sewn just to the right (right picture) of the stitch line.
The picture below clearly shows the larger stitches, if I had to rip them out, it would not be too difficult, if I made a mistake and I kept my stitches so small, it would be much harder.
It worked perfectly. So I just went back and sewn on that same line with a smaller stitch to secure it properly.
I had again used the scraps from the large 12½ inch block to make the smaller 6½ inch block. Unfortunately my seams did not match up as neatly as with he large block. I did rip out quite a few times, but that was as close as I could get it.
Here is a LINK to my other blocks I've made so far.
If you'd like to see hundreds of other beautiful blocks, visit the flickr group.