Friday 19 April 2013

So much fun!

The weather has cooled down considerably this past week.  So I did not spend a lot of time behind my sewing machine.  

Instead, I've been basting some hexies again.  This project, I thought would take a long time, but it's turning out to go much faster than expected.  Many of you know that my mom has been  helping me, so with all the hexies she has basted, together with mine, it has come to a total of 1600, roughly...  

So I found this LINK to calculate how many hexies you'll need for a specific size quilt.  For the total we have at this moment, I would get a quilt of aproximately 65 x 65 inches.  I don't have a specific layout or design in mind jet.  Once I have all the hexies here with me, it would be easier to decide where I want to go with it.

Free motion quilting design hot-hot-spiral




I also worked a bit on my Goddess quilt, and  free motion quilted hot-hot-spiral in one of the rays.  Its a fun design to stitch, but I found it was so easy to stitch myself into a corner, luckily travel stitching around the edge of the rays made coming out not such a big issue.







Kayleigh had her birthday yesterday so I baked her a chocolate cake.  I tried really hard getting a picture of her licking out the bowl, but every time I came closer with the camera she stood up. She is such a busy body... LOL.  You can see a cute video I posted yesterday where she blew out the candles, she is such a cutie.  They grow up way too fast!





This morning I woke up to the sound of rain.  So I decided there and then that soup will be on the menu tonight.  I started very early preparing the soup and suddenly from no where I had an urge to crochet.  I don't have a lot of experience in this craft, so I found a 3 part video tutorial on youtube and made these cute little flowers.  I think I will stick them too some hair clips for Kayleigh to use.  Or I'll try making some head bands, and use it for embellishment.



Then ...

...I have a kind request from all of you here at blog-land.  I have submitted my disappearing four patch baby quilt to the Quilter's show and tell contest.  The theme is 'Just squares and rectangles.  To vote click HERE.

Voting starts today and will end on (my mom's birthday ♥♥) Monday morning 22 April 2013.








Linking up to FMQ Friday @ The Free Motion Quilting Project.

Happy quilting.



7 comments:

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

voting done. Cant wait to see what you do with all those hexies!

Pat Merkle said...

I voted! :) Someday I'm going to try hexies. Love the hot, hot spiral.

Renee said...

Look at all those hexies, wow! Your quilting looks great. Good luck with your D4P!

Joni said...

I voted too! I am also working on hexies, yours are lovely.

Sanderella said...

I think you did a superior job on your flowers...

Danih03 said...

I voted for you! Wow that is a lot of hexies!! Tell your little one Happy Birthday for me;)

Anonymous said...

Your hot hot spiral looks great. So does that cake though! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...