Friday 16 August 2013

Quilted Baby Diaper Bag


This week I had yet again the opportunity to quilt something for a baby, but this time I made a quilted diaper bag for a friend's sister who is expecting a baby boy.  When she told me about it, I immediately wanted to try another bag.  


I really enjoy making bags.  Without a guide or pattern to follow along it can get tricky, but that is exactly what like.  I quilted all the panels with stippling, and made fusible applique letters for his name, and satin stitched them to secure it in place.


This bag is rather large, which I think is its best feature, for working Moms who has to carry a lot of baby stuff to and from home its ideal.  I also added pockets on either side of the bag. 



The bag's dimensions are 19 inches (48cm) wide, 13 inches (33cm) high, and the depth is 6 (24cm) inches.  I think I want one too, for my crochet WIPs.

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy quilting.


14 comments:

Chris Dodsley @made by ChrissieD said...

Smashing bag and great size - perfect for your crochet projects :)

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

This is a great finish - a nice big bag! Thank you for linking up today!!

Aimee said...

Fabulous bag. Looks nice & roomy :)

Lorna McMahon said...

Sweet diaper bag! The colours would be great for a boy or a girl! Great job, Marelize!

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

That is adorable! And did I read that correctly, you made it without a pattern?! You are gifted!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

Aw! sweet bag, Marelize! I'm sure your friend's sister will be thrilled to receive it!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous bag Marelize Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

Vicki said...

What a fantastic bag! The colors are so much fun.

Pat Merkle said...

Love the bag. I might have to make myself one!

Lyndsey said...

A great bag, just what you need with all the stuff you have to carry round with a young baby. Love the colours.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet bag! I love the colors and the star fabric. Great quilting!

Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

legato1958 said...

It's a lovely bag! So happy!

Susie

Unknown said...

Lovely diper bag! Nice colors!

Sarah Craig said...

Marelize, that is a great bag! Whoop whoop!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...