Monday 16 September 2013

Shhh.. its a secret, AGAIN!

I joined in round two of the Secret Tote Bag Swap, and this time we had a theme, 'nature'.  It could be anything from animals, flowers, trees, seasons, sceneries or anything we could think of associated with nature.


Once the signups were closes and I received my partners info, I got excited at her preferences.  Lucky for me, she is not fussy, and one of her likes was crochet bags.  So I immediately jumped at the opportunity to try and make a crochet bag.


It was much simpler to make than I originally thought, and I would love to make another for myself.  To make the African Flowers I used Heidi Bears tutorial, and for the rest of the bag I used Gunilla Karlsson's pattern I found on Ravelry.


I added three pockets to the bag lining, which by the way is a piece of 'recycled' table cloth, I hope my partner will forgive me for using that, but the colour fit the bag perfectly, its strong and will definitely handle a lot of wear and tear.


This bag is very big, measuring 19½ inches high, 16 inches wide at the bottom, and when the drawstring is completely pulled together it measures 9 inches wide.


The only thing I am a bit concerned about is the strap.  My partner wanted a long strap to carry the bag across her body over her shoulder, but I fear it might be too long. I tied a knot at the top, for the purpose of taking photos, but think it looks pretty this way too, so should the strap be too long the knot works well too... I think?


'Partner, I really hope you like your bag!  It was a pleasure to make...'

If you'd like to see the bag I made in Round 1 of the Secret Tote Bag Swap, click HERE.

* My posts delivered to you *

 photo rss_zps514fcff1.png    photo bloglovin_zpsb177e45f.png    photo mail_zps60f67007.png

 

11 comments:

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Way cute! Lucky partner of yours! Thanks for sharing...

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Darling bag! Great color scheme!

Leila said...

Wow! This is an amazing bag. I would love to be your partner! Pinning!

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

You have made a beautiful bag. I so wish I had the talent to do this.

I would love to have you to link up at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/09/clever-chicks-blog-hop-week-52-one-year.html





I hope you can make it!
Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick

http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

Amy Given Sewist said...

oh! it's so cute! I love the flowers and the color and everything.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful bag! I don't crochet anymore but what a neat pattern! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Gemma@prettybobbins said...

I really admire people who can crochet! It's such a foreign art to me :) this is really pretty, I'm sure your partner will love it!

Mona said...

Lovely bag, it made me smile! Thank you!

Kate said...

Such a delightful bag!

Ajka said...

Oh, that's nice ...... beautiful things around you, very handy :-)
I've looked :-))
Ajka

Susan said...

Wow lovely soft colors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...