Today I've been working on a quilt top to use over the next few weeks as we learn new free motion quilting techniques with Leah.
I will post a photo of the completed top as soon as I've added the borders.
I'm not entirely sure if the sharp stippling will look good on the flower print fabric, so I thought of using that design on the borders, I'm planning on using plain black fabric.
Initially I thought while I was cutting all the strips for this quilt top, that it was going to look too busy, that the colours wont match and that it will just look a mess. But so far I'm quite happy with the result, once I've added the sashing and borders I'm sure it will look even better.
I cant wait to start quilting this quilt. I've been so occupied with my Sampler quilt that I haven't been practicing FMQ and I need the practice. Not to mention all that pink fabric is getting a bit drab, so working on this quilt is just what I need...