I named this quilt Pers Diamant translating Purple Diamond.
I had so much fun making this quilt. It measures 55½ by 77½ inches.
I started out by making a few mistakes with the fabric placement, you can read up on it here. At first I tried random colour fabrics to make the block, but it just looked too busy, and it had no real structure, so I went back and changed it to the way it should have been, which turned out much better and much prettier, this post clearly shows the difference.
So instead of placing the blocks exactly alike next to each other, I rotated them, and it made the green diamonds look different from each other.
This is my personal best at piecing, my corners matched up close to perfect. Clearly using a ¼ inch foot makes the world of difference when piecing your quilt.
I made my own stencil to quilt the inside blocks, using transparency paper. I drew out the design with a marker, and used my husbands soldering iron and lightly touched the paper to burn out the design. It worked out great.
Here is a useful link that I've posted a few days ago to hand baste your quilt, the same method I used the baste his quilt. And I'm happy to say I have not one single pleat or pucker at the back of my quilt.