..and I'm so happy I did! It was about time that I helped myself to my husband tools. I made my very own ironing board. The one I had was cheap, wonky and just not suitable for the job.
The piece of wood I bought was 18 x 71 inches which was a tad bit too long, so I cut a piece off. Which works great, now I have a smaller board resting on my cutting table which is ideal when in the middle of a project piecing blocks, and the large board that I can place right on top of my table for larger fabrics and of course finished quilt tops.
I made the ironing board with Pine shelving and upholstery tacks. Of course I used batting and fabric large enough to fold over the board and a hammer too.
Making the board was simple enough, but the trickiest part, because I was on my own making it, was pulling the batting and fabric tight around the edges. I wanted to use our staple gun, but could not find it anywhere.
The pencil artwork at the back was Kayleigh, while I was busy making the large ironing board, she decided to help...
I tried really hard to tuck in the excess fabric around the corners for a clean finish, with a little perseverance it came out looking great!
Now all I need is a decent iron!!