Friday 23 August 2013

On my Crochet Hook

When I started this blog way back in 2012 it was to share my quilting, what I've learnt along the way and to show my progression from one learning process to the next.  Since then my blog has changed in so many aspects, its not just a place where I share and show off my projects, but yours too during our Anything Goes weekly linkup.  

My main interest was only in quilting.  If you asked me about anything else, I would shrug and wave it away as though you're talking nonsense.  But during this winter another bug bit me. 


I guess after joining Instagram and seeing so many inspiring crochet projects I really wanted to give it a try.  I guess it was another one of those "I want to see if I can" moments.  With only the basic knowledge of how to hold the yarn, how to crochet a few basic stitches I jumped right in. 



I love colour.  I think granny squares is the best way to have a colour explosion experience.  I am honest when I say, I am not in love with the next granny square blanket I finished up, I think I went a bit overboard using so many different colours.  But I am proud of my little blanket.  Not one single sqaure has the same colour layout, YES the colours repeat throughout, but not one looks the same...




* My posts delivered to you *

 photo rss_zps514fcff1.png    photo bloglovin_zpsb177e45f.png    photo mail_zps60f67007.png

Happy quilting...umm, I mean crocheting... 


10 comments:

MalinisQuilts said...

Love the new look for your website!
Those granny square blankets look so great!

Carolyn said...

I love your granny square blanket and your colours are really eye catching. I too love crocheting but haven't done anything this winter. Maybe next.....

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Marelize ....just beautiful. Very nice crochet stitching too. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Whoop Whoop. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

legato1958 said...

These are gorgeous! I love your colors!

Susie

Unknown said...

Beautiful!! I love granny square crocheting. I will bring mine out to finish it this weekend, thanks for inspiring me!

Ruth said...

Very pretty. I really like your colours in the pinks and blues.

Rene Sharp said...

Both are gorgeous Marelize, but I must confess, the blue, brown pink & white are more my colours. You are so so clever. I have a few granny squares stashed away in my cupboard, maybe I should carry on with them?! :)

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

It's funny, for the last 10 years I'd been obsessed with knitting and then I caught the quilting bug last year. I haven't done anything substantial on my knitting needles since. I've tried crocheting more than once and I just can't do it as well as knitting but your beautiful granny squares just might convince me to try again!

Sarah Craig said...

Marelize, that's a wonderful granny blanket! I remember those from when I was a kid - seems like everyone was making them then. It's nice to see a resurgence of crocheting! Whoop whoop!!

Susan said...

Love your crochet work. hehehehe its really very addictive. Love the bright color one most, well I am partial to bright colors. hehehehe
Love the new blog change. One does see the pictures so much nicer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...