Saturday 19 July 2014

Labour of Love - A Finished Quilt

A couple of weeks ago I shared my experience with you when I visited the Carltonville Country Counters' Regional meeting, and how I volunteered to quilt this quilt for them, you can read all about it here.  


Well the time has finally arrived to share the finished quilt with all of you.  

After they sent it to me I had it 'sit' for a few weeks until I finally decided what I wanted to quilt.  I really wanted the quilting to pop and to emphasize the quilt design.  So I used my all time favourite quilting designs, alternating between swirls, pebbles and some dot to dot quilting with a wiggly filler.  
I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story.... 


















I enjoyed every second I spent finishing this quilt for them.  It was a totally new experience quilting a quilt not pieced by myself, the fabrics used in this quilt is truly beautiful, I love the rich colours.

I am really proud of what I have done and I hope they approve and will call on me again in the future for projects like these... it was honestly 'A Labour of Love'.


* My posts delivered to you *

 photo rss_zps514fcff1.png    photo bloglovin_zpsb177e45f.png    photo mail_zps60f67007.png


 

24 comments:

Rene Sharp said...

You are a quilting genius my friend. And on your little machine, this really is a labour of love. You can be VERY VERY proud of your work on this quilt!!!!

Hannele said...

Absolutely marvellous quilting!

Marly said...

Beautiful quilting I like how you have let the patchwork design lead your quilting. I'm sure the gentleman will be pleased with the result.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wow, gorgeous quilting!! I use Wordpress, not Blogger so I don't have a profile. You can reach me at craftnut at rockemail dot com if you want to, but not necessary. Your quilting is gorgeous!!

Catrin Lewis said...

Absolutely beautiful as always. I really can't believe how perfect your quilting is x

Angie in SoCal said...

It turned out fantastic, Marelize!
A fabulous quilting job. They're going to love it.

Kathleen said...

What a beautiful job you did!! I am always in awe of anyone who can quilt with such skill.

Kim from Calgary said...

You are so inspiring - fantastic job. Absolutely love your work.

Carla said...

You certainly did them proud !

Vicki said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love your quilting choices.

Quilting Stories said...

So beautiful and such a wonderful quilting!

Paula@TheSassyQuilter said...

Um, yeah....you are amazing!!! I love the designs you chose. So full of movement and life. Such a work of art. I forget....do you draw these out or just free style it?

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

You never fail to amaze me. I just love how you've quilted this. I struggle all the time when deciding how to quilt a top. I'm hoping it gets easier with experience. You make it look so easy.

Kaja said...

They would be mad not to use you again - you're quilting is brilliant.

Lara B. said...

Marelize, it is such a beautiful quilt and your quilting took it right over the top! Fantastic work!

Joanna @ Riddle and {Whimsy} said...

Gorgeous quilting!

Unknown said...

Love all the quilting, its perfect for this piece

Dominique said...

Hello,
Such exquisite quilting. You are honouring the maker of this quilt by putting so much skill and love into it. The recipient should be touched.

Lorna McMahon said...

The quilting is such a compliment to the design and really highlights the piecing. You have outdone yourself, Marelize!

deb @ frugal little bungalow said...

It is just stunning! :)

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

I love the quilting you've done on the orange border. Is it what you call 'dot to dot' quilting?

Carole @ Fresh off the Frame said...

Wonderful work, Marelize, you should be proud! They'd be crazy not to come back for more!

Afton Warrick said...

Your quilting on this piece is incredible.

Run 'n Stitch said...

Another great use for HST's. Your quilting is exquisite! Thank you for sharing...pinned.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...