Monday 22 September 2014

Anything Goes Mondays #76

I have something to confess!  I am certain that for those of you that have been following my blog, you might have noticed that I don't blog as much as I did before, even my weekly link ups are not consistent.  I hardly share any pictures on Instagram either.  My last IG was about 3 weeks ago and even then they are spread far apart.  

The truth is, is that my life has gone from one of routine and simplicity to a more complicated one.  My husband is now working away from home.  It is not that bad since he comes home over the weekends.  But ever since this change I am just not myself!  

I am pretty sure most of you are thinking that if you had all this extra time to sew and quilt you'd spend it happily in your sewing room, but for me it has been very depressing!  I am just not myself, I wont go as far as to say that I am depressed, I am just not ME.  I don't deal with change well, or with being alone.  I thought that when Spring finally got here that it would have a different and maybe inspiring effect on me, but not even that has cheered me up....yet!

Maybe I just need some inspiration?  Who knows... but for now, I am getting on with daily chores, kids and... my thoughts.  I know its all in my mind and that I have to make and maybe even force myself out of this mood.  It is just taking a lot longer than I had hoped.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *  

Let us get to the linkup and have a look at a few of last weeks' links shared, remember that if your's are featured here and you do not wish to have it shown, please contact me at marelizeries[at]gmail[dot]com.


Victoria from Puenktchen und Viktoria got a head start on her Christmas Sewing made this stunning Lap Quilt.  I suggest you visit her blog for some stunning photography!



This beautiful Cascading Stars Wall Hanging was inspired by Jacquie Gering's Craftsy class and made by Afton from Quilting Mod.  She included a PDF pattern and tutorial on her blog.


Heather from Modern Parti Quilts made this adorable Dog Quilt from 3 Times the Charm, Book 2 by Me and My Sister Designs.
___________________________________________________________

Now it's your turn to link up...

Rules:
1. Link up ANY recent blog posts, it can be one or more, but PLEASE do not share blog posts you might have linked up in the past.
2. Somewhere in your blog post, you must link back here to my blog, OR grab the 'anything goes' button for you sidebar.
3. Try to visit at least a few of the other blogs linked, the whole point of having a party is to connect, share and maybe get a few new followers...remember to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by!

P.S. Great news for those of you on Instagram! You can now link up your Instagram photos here on Anything Goes Mondays! Just click the blue "Add your link" button. In the dialogue box that comes up, under "Image source," click the Instagram icon at the bottom. InLinkz will ask your permission to access your Instagram account, then you can choose one of your IG photos to link up. You still need to link to a URL, but you can always link to the URL of your Instagram feed (for example, my feed's URL is http://instagram.com/marelizeries). If you link up an IG photo, please tag my Instagram feed (@marelizeries). Have FUN!!


stitch by stitch





    

* My posts delivered to you *

 photo rss_zps514fcff1.png    photo bloglovin_zpsb177e45f.png    photo mail_zps60f67007.png


 

18 comments:

Rene Sharp said...

Hey my friend. I had thought of you and wondered what was up, I am so sorry I have not been in touch as I should have been!! Things are not the same here on my side either, and I can totally relate to not feeling yourself. I am sorry hubby is working away, that must be awful. I don't think I would be able to adjust to that either! I am here for you if you want to chat on bbm or wattsap anytime. Hang in there my friend, sending you lots of love and maybe a little mojo too xxxx

Karin said...

Yes, also have been wondering ...just remember this is supposed to be a hobby, not a job. It's ok not to do anything. I am also having a bit of a slow time over here. No particular reason, really. Hopefully you will soon adjust to the changes and get back into the swing of things.

ipatchandquilt said...

Hi Marelize,
I second everything what the other ladies already said. Our blogs are for fun and should not feel like an obligation. If you do not feel ike it, justlet it be!
Big virtual quilty hug from the Netherlands,
Esther

Jackie said...

I am sorry to hear you are struggling so. What a difficult time for you. Hoping you fall into a routine that is helpful soon.

Andrea (aka rokinrev) said...

A step at a time...or is it a STITCH at a time. Be good to yourself Marelize

Heather Graves said...

Oh my, I've never been featured before - thank you! Hope things improve for you soon. When my husband and I moved across the state several years ago - we commuted for 9 months only seeing each other on weekends. That was just awful. Things were simply not right that way.

Pat Merkle said...

Hi Marelize. Sorry to hear you are so down. I know when my husband is out of town, the house just feels empty and lonely. Make something pretty and go out and share it. Maybe it will take away the blues! Sending you some warm thoughts.

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Change is hard. I understand. We all go through slumps even when nothing has changed. Try something new. Pamper yourself with a massage or something. Try to focus on something creative to keep your mind on something else. Perhaps your muse left at the same time your husband got a new job? Hang in there, things will get better and you'll find a new routine. It takes time. Your followers are here if you need someone to chat with.

Lou Lou Girls said...

Hello cute lady! I love stopping by your party. Thank you! I hope you get a chance to swing by our party at 7 pm tonight. We always love having you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

Jayne said...

I totally understand! A big change in every day routine life takes time to get use to. Like you, I am all about routine. Its comfortable for me.

I hope you get 'on track' (whatever that is) soon! Change isn't easy. It will take time to get use to it, but you will. You will!

Quilting Stories said...

Hello dear Marelize, I understand so well, it's not easy to face everyday's life alone! I hope you will recover very soon and wish you all the best!

Cheri the Quilting Nanny said...

Thanks for hosting! I love your dog quilt above!

Allison said...

I understand. With your hubby gone so much, it throws everything out of whack.

I am feeling so out of balance lately, too. I've been spending so much time trying to get our family ready to move that everything else has taken a backseat, and it makes me feel so out of sorts.

Hope you feel better soon!

Tarnyia said...

Oh I know what you mean... my hubby works away also, he can be away from 8 to 14 days at a time... after living on a sheep station up north and having him home every day and night for 30 years to this is just awful... the days are ok you can keep busy enough but the nights are so lonely... some nights it midnight before I go to bed... it takes me about 2 days once he is gone to get into some form of routine and by day 5 I am struggling... but I wouldn't complain to him as we need one of us to be working... we will survive and we will adjust... sending hugs to you... thatnks for the linkie xxx

Carolyn said...

Ah Marelize, I have also wondered where you have been but so understand where you are and how you are feeling at the moment. Believe me it doesn't last, it is just something you are going through at this time. You are permitted to take a break and when you feel like it again you will come back with great gusto. Take your time to perhaps do some gardening!

Anonymous said...

Hi Marelize,
Sorry to hear that times are difficult for you right now. Change is often stressful. Be kind to yourself and don't worry about the blog. We will all be here when you get back into the mood!! Take good care of yourself.

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

Marelize... ya know us blogger friends are bummed to hear you're down. That plain stinks. Sending positive thoughts and lots of love your way in hopes our vibes will help you climb out the dumps. Please know that your work is an inspiration to thousands and your life is meaningful to us too... Hugs, Karen

Sandy said...

It takes a lot of guts to open up and share!! Good for you!! It can't be easy shouldering all the responsibilities during the week that once were shared, and on top of that missing your husband! Give yourself a break, it is going to take time to adjust, but you will. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. One day at a time!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...