Tuesday 17 March 2015

Heathers' Quilt

Charlotte's Quilt
Last year I was invited to the Carletonville Quilters regional meeting for a 'show and tell' and during that visit I volunteered to free motion quilt 'Charlotte's Quilt' for the husband of a lady who had passed away.  

It was my very first volunteer project AND my first experience quilting for someone else.  It was a true honor and I loved to work on that quilt.  I had hoped that once others would see it, that they would call on me again to FMQ their quilts for them.  To see a lot of close up pictures of Charlotte's Quilt, click HERE.

Soon after they had shown that quilt during their next meeting, Heather contacted me saying she loved what I had quilted and that she had a little quilt she wanted me to free motion quilt for her.

I was so excited!  A few things came up that prevented me from starting right away but a couple of weeks ago, I finally got the quilt and I started right away.  Here is Heather's beautiful disappearing nine patch quilt.  I loved her fabric choices!  It screamed Look At Me!!!


She gave me some guidelines of what she wanted me to quilt, but in the end I made a few suggestions and from there I had free reign and quilted what I thought best.    


I kept to the leafy designs she initially suggested within the sashing and borders and extend that design within the block with a custom motif that I think ties in well with the rest of the quilt.


She chose not to see any progress pictures, so I was rather nervous after I was done if she would like it, but when she phoned me after getting her quilt she was over the moon and completely happy with what I have quilted.  Happy happy day!!


I offered to do everything from the basting right through to the binding, and I am so glad I did!  This way I had the chance of seeing the quilt completed.

Note to Heather, thank you so much for allowing me to work on your quilt, I had a lot of fun!  Your quilt is truly beautiful and loved every second I spent quilting it.  I look forward to quilting for you again!


* My posts delivered to you *

 photo rss_zps514fcff1.png    photo bloglovin_zpsb177e45f.png    photo mail_zps60f67007.png


 

6 comments:

Karin said...

Was thinking about you the other day and I think the same day you posted about your computer...great to see you back. This quilt is very pretty indeed and I think your FMQ really enhances the look of it.

andrea @ tideline quilts said...

What a nice thing to do - and what a lovely quilt you helped make! Very nice work...she must have been thrilled!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Beautiful job, Marelize! Quilting makes the quilt.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Your quilting is lovely and really complements those gorgeous KF fabrics.

Marsha Cooper said...

A disappearing 9 patch block is on my to do list of blocks I want to try to make. I love how the quilt looks.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

How beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...