Making this block was quite a challenge.
I had all the fabric cut, placed the applique pattern on the block of fabric, started to make the binding strips and that's when I realized I was stuck... I did not have the right tools to create the 1/8" binding strips, so I had to improvise.
After I stitched the binding and took it to the ironing board, I used a cooking skewer to open up the binding to create a tube to make it easier to iron flat with the stitches at the back. It worked great! So many times I have thought of throwing it away, I've never used it, and it was just tucked away in a drawer in my kitchen, finally found a good use for it now :-)
Other finished blocks: